reading & Links
Pregnancy & Birth Books
* Guide to Childbirth
by Ina May Gaskin
* Birthing From Within
by Pam England & Rob Horowitz
* The Pregnancy Herbal
by Susannah Marriott
* Why Human Rights In Childbirth Matter
by Rebecca Schiller
* Birth With Confidence
by Rhea Dempsey
* Beyond the Birth Plan: Getting Real about Pain and Power
by Rhea Dempsey
Postnatal & Raising Children Books
* The Postnatal Depletion Cure
by Dr Oscar Serrallach
*You've Got This by Emma Pickett
* The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
by La Leche League International
* The First Forty Days - The Essential Art of Nourishing the New Mother
by Heng Ou
* Newborn Mothers by Julia Jones
* The Gentle Sleep Book by Sarah Ockwell-Smith
*The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley
*The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read
by Philippa Perry
* Why Love Matters by Sue Gerhardt
HELLO BABY MAMA ART
Alongside being a mother and a doula I am also an artist, with a huge love of the world around us and belief in the healing power of nature, words and imagery. As part of my birth affirmation collection I have created some original pieces that can be bought to frame in celebration of the incredible journey pregnancy and birth is. I can also create bespoke collaged pieces on request.
* Hand drawn imagery, painted with water colour and metallic acrylic paint.
* The Indian handmade paper by Bombay Paperie I use in these collages, is a little piece of history -
In India, in the 17th century, the Mughal Emperor Jehangir issued an edict that all paper used at his court should come from the mill at Daulatabad. For 200 years the mill flourished. Then it slowly went into decline. Over eight years ago it was discovered, cleaned up and the old tradition revived becoming 'Bombay Paperie'. Even today, this paper, once famous for its thinness and its strength, is made by hand on a chhapri, a woven grass mat. To give it a contemporary application, each coloured sheet of paper is stuck to a white sheet to make it easy to write on. The paper is dedicated to the revival of paper-making by hand in India.
* The collage is mounted on A4 premium quality paper.
* Hampshire spring wild flowers picked and dried by hand.
From treating oneself during pregnancy and after birth to wanting to spoil a loved one embarking on parenthood. It can be super overwhelming out there with the epic variety of offerings.
Which is why The Natural Pregnancy Collection is perfect. The research and hunt has been done for you with a wide range of female led natural products and options for the perfect treats all new parents would love to receive. All curated by a new mama with love.